The game industry is already moving into a battle to decide how we’ll build virtual and augmented reality products, and one…
Update: The stream is broken. Use this Periscope stream if you want to watch now.
The game industry is already moving into a battle to decide how we’ll build virtual and augmented reality products, and one of the leaders in the game-making tool space is holding an event today to show off what it has in the works.
Unity’s Vision Summit 2016 is bringing together specialists from a number of fields to talk about VR and AR. The company is best known for its Unity development kit that many developers use to create their games. Tech advisrr Digi-Capital predicts that VR and AR will turn into a $120 billion business by 2020, and that is one of the main reasons that Unity is trying to establish itself as a go-to option for anyone looking to create software for these new computing platforms. This is also why Unity was able to get speakers from Valve, Google, Oculus, and Sony — which are all developing VR and AR tech — to speak during its event.
The event is streaming now, and you can watch it right here:
The opening keynote, which starts at 10 a.m. Pacific (1 p.m. Eastern), will feature some of the most important people in the VR industry. Here’s the list directly from Unity:
- Alex McDowell, creative director, 5D Global Studio
- Clay Bavor, vice president of virtual reality, Google
- Gabe Newell, founder of Valve
- Dr. Jeff Norris, mission operations innovation lead, NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory
- Joachim Ante, CTO of Unity Technologies
- John Riccitiello, CEO, Unity Technologies
- Palmer Luckey, founder, Oculus
- Dr. Richard Marks, director of the PlayStation magic lab, Sony Computer Entertainment
Click here to view full article