With Valentine’s Day around the corner, Indiegogo offered up some ideas on how backers may celebrate the love holiday. The global crowdfunding platform stated that it encourages everyone to show some love to those who are in need the most. It offered five ways to show love…
With Valentine’s Day just a few days away, Indiegogo offered up some ideas on how backers may celebrate the love holiday.
The global crowdfunding platform stated that it encourages everyone to show some love to those who are in need the most. It offered five ways to show love (and support) on the Generosity platform. Check out the list below.
- Refugee Love: Warm Your Soul, Warm Their Soles: “To warm their little soles is a fundraiser that provides shoes to children in refugee camps. The shoes are distributed to displaced children in Syria and Lebanon. Their goal is to give shoes to 1,000 children so that they can play outside like kids all around the world. This year, your Valentine could keep kids warm long after the 14th.”
- Inspire Love of Learning: “The kids at Philip Kearny Public School are not only lacking books, but the funding to buy those books. When asked what they would want for their classroom, the first thing Room 101 said was ‘More books!’ Skip the candy this year and bring books to kids who love to read for Valentine’s Day with Kearny Kindergarten Needs to Read!”
- Help Love After Loss: “Valentine’s Day isn’t always flowers and chocolates. For those who have lost a loved one, it can be a painful day of remembrance. The Dinner Party group is a network of young people who have experienced death and come together over food in more than 50 cities. Talking about loss in this group becomes therapeutic. Help create a new tradition for those grieving during the holidays with The Dinner Party: Help Us Grow the Table fundraiser.”
- Fund a Dream: “The DreamWakers: Waking Dreams. Inspiring Careers fundraiser uses free video chat services to bring diverse and dynamic professionals into high-need public school classrooms.”
- Pass Out Valentine’s to the Homeless: “Did you know that more than 60,000 homeless people sleep in shelters every night in New York City, and nearly half of them are children? The WarmHeartsCampaign2016 is passing out over 200 Valentine’s bags filled with warming necessities, sources of protein and a personal loving note to individuals living on the streets of NYC on Valentine’s Day. Their goal is to help make these people feel loved on this special holiday, and you can help them spread love and warmth with your donation.”
Click here to view full article