I'm the author of that post: https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/dlvokv/how_i_lost_4_btc_on_lightning_network/, and wanna give some important advises and explain what happened.
In the end, it was LND that saved my coins and most of them are already RECOVERED.
With huge support from the LND community those were the successful steps:
Step 1: coop-closed channels with funds on seed
Step 2: remote force-closed channels with perCommitPoint in channel.db
Step 3: remote force-closed chnnels where we have to ask peers for the perCommitPoint
Step 4: try with SCB again with remaining channels
Step 5: still open channels, try force-closing with old stat
- If you have a physical server always use UPS power supply to prevent power fails.
- If you wanna force-close channels, always do it manually, one-by-one when your node is FULLY SYNCED.
- Create SCBs (static channel backups) every time after opening a new channel and keep your 24 words seed.
- After pressing the "RETRUN" button, don't panic, WAIT and don't press Ctrl + C (like me) instantly after that.
- Inform yourself how that system works before sending higher amount of coins there.