Where It All Started For Ethereum

Ever tried reading the original Ethereum white paper?

Today, I've released a new episode of the White Paper Center. The goal of the podcast is to provide impartial, simplified guided readings of cryptocurrency white papers. Those long technical papers can now become easily digestible in less than half an hour.

This week, we have a guided reading of Vitalik Buterin's 2013 white paper, "Ethereum: A Smart Contract & Decentralized Application Platform."

Hope you all enjoy.

Reddit Image
Read More

Spread the love

12 comments

  1. Bull127

    |Author

    I am ashamed to say that I haven’t read the white paper. Although I’ve never bought ETH either so I guess that’s okay? Anyhow thanks for the podcast!

  2. SilasX

    |Author

    I love it! It truly is a mind-blowing shot of insight. The idea that code can be law, with zero need for humans to arbitrate contracts. Just write what you mean as unambiguous code! Problem solved!

    I was a little confused by the paper’s caveat that “code isn’t law anymore when a [Vitalik-funded smart contract has a flaw that costs him money](https://www.coindesk.com/understanding-dao-hack-journalists), and in that case we get do-overs”, but other than that, it’s a great paper.

    Edit: added link

  3. earlzdotnet

    |Author

    Listening now. I already feel like I understand about 90% of it, so hoping to get the remaining 10% out of the this podcast.

    Btw, a future podcast on the Mimble Wimble paper would be really nice

  4. BananoNelly

    |Author

    Thanks for adding a player on your website. That last podcast made me download some random app, create an account, and try out a trial. I noped out real quick.

  5. AutoModerator

    |Author

    **Ethereum(ETH) Basic Info:** [Website](https://ethereum.org/) – r/Ethereum – [Abstract](https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoWikis/wiki/Ethereum_basicinfo#wiki_short_description) – [History](https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoWikis/wiki/Ethereum_basicinfo#wiki_history) – [Exchanges](https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoWikis/wiki/Ethereum_basicinfo#wiki_exchanges) – [Wallets](https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoWikis/wiki/Ethereum_basicinfo#wiki_wallets)

    **Biases(Updated July, 2019):** [Arguments For](https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoWikis/wiki/Ethereum_pros) & [Arguments Against](https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoWikis/wiki/Ethereum_cons) | **CryptoWikis:** [Policy](https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/wiki/policy#wiki_cryptowikis_program_-_.28work_in_progress.29) – [Contribute Content](https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoWikis/wiki/contributing)

    *I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please [contact the moderators of this subreddit](/message/compose/?to=/r/CryptoCurrency) if you have any questions or concerns.*

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.